Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Blind Foolishness



What Bay Area performing arts organization does not have a place in its ticket purchase flow to make a donation?

I'm not necessarily going to tell you, but let me just say that this is one of the dumbest moves an organization can make. You have the attention of a subscriber or single-ticket buyer, a person who perhaps appreciates what you do, and you are not making it as easy as possible for that person to give you money. Moreover, it's the most wonderful time of the year, when people are figuring out their charitable deductions, and are most likely to give you a few bucks.

And yet, if you want to donate, you have to initiate a second process, and if you didn't save your payment info five minutes previously when you bought tickets, you have to enter it all again.

I suggested to this organization earlier this year that perhaps this was a mistake, but things are the same now. (I bought my tickets on the late side.) Le sigh. I donated; will others?

No comments: